Now Hiring: Contract Paralegal
REQUIRED: SHORT COVER LETTER INDICATING FAMILIARITY WITH OUR FIRM*
Looking for a workplace in which you can not just be a cog in a wheel?
Somewhere you can help shape and mold your work experience at a firm with a
If so, we should talk.
The Spiggle Law Firm is a boutique employee-side employment law firm
headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. TSLF’s mission is to empower
professional women who have been fired, or are afraid that they might be,
particularly those discriminated against on the basis of pregnancy or
leave-taking to manage family responsibilities.
You can find more information about our firm at www.spigglelaw.com.
TSLF seeks a contract paralegal to support our growing team of attorneys.
*PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS OF LITIGATION
EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING EMPLOYMENT LAW EXPERIENCE, PREFERABLY HANDLING BOTH
FEDERAL AND PRIVATE-SECTOR CASES.*
- Use our online case management software to service our cases
- Draft simple motions (e.g. Extension of Time)
- Interview new clients to complete a case timeline and narrative
- Draft EEOC charges
- Draft initial demand letters for attorney review
Serve documents on counsel and file documents with the court
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices
- Draft discovery requests and discovery responses
Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines,
organize case files, manage logistics etc)
- Provide assistance with case settlements and case closings
This is a part-time contract position that will be entirely remote.
Salary: $30-$40 per hour based on experience
Please email our office manager Angela (firstname.lastname@example.org) a resume
and cover letter to apply.