How to Go from Layoff to Launching Your Own Business
Ready to leave the corporate grind to hang a shingle, but have no idea how? Have you been fired or laid off and want to negotiate a severance and use the money to open your own business? Come out to our Professional Luncheon and Workshop Series where this month we’ll be talking about how to leave your corporate gig (voluntarily or not) and start the business that you’ve always dreamed of.
- Tom Spiggle is the founder of the Spiggle Law Firm where he focuses on workplace law, helping protect the rights of clients facing pregnancy and caregiver discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful termination in the workplace. In his practice, he also defends individuals subject to federal investigation and prosecution.
- Michael W. Skerritt is a partner with Klewans & Skerritt, P.C. His main area of practice include business formation, business law and transactions for all types of businesses, including dental and medical practices. He focuses on the entire business life cycle, from formation to dissolution, and offers clients a business-like, goal-oriented approach to their matters.
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am: Networking and lunch
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm: Tom Spiggle on negotiating a severance agreement
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Michael Skerritt on how to set up a business including a private practice and LLC
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm: Q&A and opportunity to talk one-on-one with the speakers
The event is free and open to the public, but limited seating is available. RSVP to reserve your spot by December 10.
Carr Workplaces Rosslyn
1001 19th Street North, Suite 1200
Arlington, VA 22209RSVP Now