In The Episode
You believe in your vocation or career that your time and energy is important, but you also believe in your responsibilities as a parent. How can you find a balance between the two? Can you follow your career or civic passions while still showing up as a parent? There are also more expectations put on parents than ever before. Between your career and that social pressure, it can feel like you are burning the candle at both ends.
This is exactly why I am so excited to have my friend Will Mount on the show today. He gets the pressure. He feels the burden of wanting to care for his son well while also pursuing a job as a juvenile defense attorney. Social justice is important to both Will and his wife, but they also feel the weight of these unmet expectations.
In this episode, Will shares what has worked for his family, how he has created his priorities to serve his family, and which challenges were particularly difficult for him.
You are not alone! Let Will’s story be an example of how to make it work as a working parent.
– Will explains why someone would want to work with him or his law partner, Judith.
– He describes what it is like to be a parent with a high-stress job.
– Will and his wife both have work they believe in, but Will believes that balancing that with parental responsibility is important.
– Both Will and his wife often battle society’s expectations, and Will details their impact on his parenting.
– Each age has its own challenges.
– Will recommends taking time out to take care of yourself and your spouse/significant other.
– He details how having his son, Liam, has affected his work life.
– He suggests ways to find opportunities to bond with your child.
– He describes the surprising benefits of raising a child.
– He concludes by explaining why having good people around you makes all the difference.
Help us by rating this podcast.
Leave a review for this podcast. I appreciate your honest feedback and read all reviews.
See this podcast’s transcript.