Are you feeling shocked, overwhelmed, confused or angry?
Maybe management is penalizing you because you are pregnant. Perhaps your supervisor fired you without just cause, or you’ve been punished for leaving work early to care for your sick child.
You don’t make it your business to run off and hire lawyers, but this is outrageous.
Losing your job or facing discriminating is a lonely experience. Management can rely on professionals with expertise in employment law. They have lots of advisors. You have trusted advisors, too. But they are probably not trained in employment law and litigation.
That’s about to change.
You may or may not need a lawyer. But you do need information. Here are three options:
- Call 202-449-8527 to talk to a real person at no cost. (If you don't reach us, leave a message, and we'll call you back, often the same day.)
- Download a no-cost copy of "Employment Law for Women: What You Need to Know." You can find more no-cost information on the practice-area pages to the right and at our Virginia Employment Attorney blog
- Use the Contact Us form at the top of this page share with us what is going on and find out how to schedule an appointment with an attorney.
Even if you don’t need to sue, you have options. It’s time to gain control of your career once again.
The Spiggle Law Firm represents women who have been discriminated against at work. We know that women often face unique legal challenges in the workplace – pregnancy discrimination, caregiver discrimination, sex discrimination, and a whole range of issues regarding family responsibilities. We understand that this is a trying and frustrating time for you, and our team is here to help.
If you are man and need help, we are more than happy to assist you as well. Many of the techniques we discuss also apply to men experiencing discrimination at work.
We invite you to explore the practice areas at the right of this page to learn how we might help you. You will find more information about each of our practice areas by clicking on the tabs at the top of this page. You can learn about attorneys at the firm by clicking on the Attorney Profiles link above.
Whether you are a
- student facing suspension
- parent seeking special-education services for your child
- or a school employee fighting wrongful termination
dealing with the educational bureaucracy can be down right debilitating. We know one woman who spent more time and money fighting to get needed special-education services for her daughter than she did fighting her daughter’s cancer. (Her daughter is health and happy now!)
Attorneys at the firm have personal experience with these issues. Tom Spiggle formerly represented school boards, so knows how the other side thinks. In addition to fighting a public school for educational services for her own child, Krista Goelz has assisted in representing children across Northern Virginia.
Schools are employers, too. For students, going to school is their job. Our education-law clients benefit from our experience in employment law because many of these same laws apply to schools.
Please contact the firm – by calling 202-449-8527 – or using the Contact Us window above – if you would like to discuss these issues. You can learn more about our education practice by checking out the practice areas at the right. We also invite you to look at our education blog www.fairfaxeducationattorney.com
- An Opinion, Or an Unlawful Stereotype Against Caregivers? Title VII is a broad statute that prevents discrimination against employees or applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, sex ....
- A Caregiving Case Study, Part 2 In our last post, we discussed a factual scenario involving an employee, Gabriela, whose employer took some egregious actions against her after she ....
- A Caregiving Case Study, Part 1 Today, let's look at an all-too-common scenario involving how employers treat employees' caregiving responsibilities. Read the facts and consider ....